SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
November 22, 2020
Ephesians 1:3, 13-14; Psalms 34; 1 Thes. 5:16-18
1) What does Thanksgiving look like for you this year? Is it different from other years, and if so-how?
Into the Text
2) Read Ephesians 1:3. This little verse packs a lot in it to it. John 3:16 is another verse that comes to mind that offers much to a believer. Break it down into phrases and discuss.
How does it relate to the promises found in Ephesians 1: 3?
3) Read Ephesians 1:13-14. What advantages are there to being marked with a seal? What is it guaranteeing to us?
4) God pays attention to those who call on him. Whether God offers escape from trouble or help in times of trouble, we can be certain that he always hears and acts on behalf of those who love him. Read Psalms 34:1-22. Which of these verses speak to you?
5) Paul speaks of the Heavenly Realms in at least 3 places in Ephesians. Read 1:20, 2:6 and 3:10. Do these verses have anything else in common besides mentioning “Heavenly realms?”
6) Read 1 Thess. 5:16-18. Do you think this is possible to follow? Why or why not?
7) Cindy reminded us of a daily prayer we could say: “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Do you have a particular sentence or phrase that you repeat often? If so, what is it?
8) 2020 has been a crazy year. As you reflect on the good and the bad what comes to your mind that you are thankful for?