SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
Mark 1:14-20, Jonah 3:1-5, Psalm 62:5-12, 1 Cor. 7:29-31
1) If you could, who in the Bible (besides Jesus) would you like to have dinner with?
Into the Text
2) Read Mark 1:14-20. What do you suppose, “fishing for people” really looks like?
3) If Jesus used this analogy because he was talking to a bunch of fishermen, how do you suppose he would speak to us in each of our own niches?
4) Jesus summoned the fishermen to come and follow Him. In other words, He called them. Jesus calls us too. How does one determine a “calling?” Can it be confirmed?
5) Read Psalm 62:5-12. Think of a time when you might have been “shaken” in your faith. What helped you the most to get through the rough times. What advice would you give those who are in the midst of a storm now?
6) Read 1 Cor. 7:29-31. While these verses were written many years ago, the phrase “the time is short” may seem alarming to us. What can we do while we wait?
7) This week we talked about Jonah being swallowed by a big fish. What other Old Testament story do you enjoy?
8) Who can you share the Good News with this week? Is that possible in a pandemic?