SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
1 Peter 1:17 - 19, Ephesians 1:7, Romans 3:22-24, Exodus 6:6-8,
Col 1:13 & 14, Romans 8:1-12
Get To Know You
1) The Youth have an activity that generates discussion called “high & low.” Thinking back to this past week, name a “low” for you and a “high.” What helped you the most in dealing with the low?
Into the Text
2) Read Ephesians 1: 7. What comfort does the phrase “the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us” bring to you?
3) Lent is a time in the church year when we are urged to reflect on our living and our need for God's forgiveness. This forgiveness only happens because of the Cross. What does the statement “there is Power in the Blood” mean to you?
4) Read Romans 8:1 & 2. The bondage of sin kept us from having a relationship with Christ. Paul tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. What are ways we often live as if we are still under condemnation?
5) Read Romans 8:3-6. Paul mentions that believers who have their minds set according to the Spirit have things “of the Spirit.” What are those things?
6) Read Romans 8:11-12 That same power that raised Jesus from the grave is living in us-believers in Christ. How can we live life believing in that power? Or do we?
7) Read Psalm 19:14. David cried out to God, “My Rock and my Redeemer.” Before he said that, he was concerned about the words that came out of his mouth and the thoughts that ran through his mind. In our days of Social Media we would be wise to say this prayer every day. Thoughts? Comments?
8) Read 1 Peter 17-19. How are we supposed to live our lives while here on earth?
9) Read Colossians 1:13 & 14. Considering the world we live in today, how are these verses comforting?